Thursday, August 2, 2012

Married with Children

Life has been so good to me. I've never felt this grateful in my life. I fell in love with a guy I'd never thought I'd end up with and married him. And now I'm blessed with a kid on the way :) Yes, I'm pregnant and I'm so happy about it. 

When the happy news broke, people around me started to congratulate me - and guess what, some of them gave some head-ups about what I was going to go through. They're things like :
"Are you really ready for motherhood?"
"I don't want to have a kid for the first two or three years after our marriage. I want to have fun with my husband, traveling around the world, you know, to see what's out there - and you can't do that anymore when you have a kid"
"Be prepared , the kid will change your world." I asked her if it was going to be a better or worse change and she replied "Well, it depends on you."
"It ain't as easy as you think, taking care of a baby. I was so depressed I'm afraid to be pregnant again" 
"It's never going to be about you anymore - everything you do will be just about the baby."

Oh it's not just about the baby - but the husband too. My husband is a really good man. He's so loving and caring, he's always there and always all ears when I need to vent - he's really listening and giving some advices. He's everything I want from a man. He's the type of a man I thought had never existed in this universe. Some people said :
"Aaww your husband is so sweet, he really cares about you - Our  marriage was like that too"
"Enjoy your husband's love and attention while they last for they won't last long."
or in Indonesian : "Ahh masi awal2 nikah ya gitu, ntar liat la lama2 jg engga gt lagi"
And I went "WTH?" 

I got to admit, it scared me a bit. What the hell is going to happen when the baby is born? Why the hell did they sound like having a kid is a bad idea? But I know they love their kids. I asked my mom and she said that she'd never had that kind of thought. She said that having me was one of the happiest things in her life and I'm pretty sure my mom wasn't lying.
I read lots of articles on the internet about the postpartum depression or the baby blues, not to mention the fussy crying babies, the sleepless nights and so many more. I still think maybe I can do it for I love this baby so much. I think, it won't matter after all right? It's my own kid and I truly love him. Whatever it is, it's gonna be worth the sleepless and restless nights :)
And the husband.. Well, I don't know about what the future holds but I've got a good faith in him.

I hope I can be a good mom and a good wife. Oh, the baby just kicked! :) :)

2 comments:

Yunie Henoek said...

Yaay, you're back writing! I just love reading your blog :"). Everything will be alright wi, stay happy!

proudweirdo said...

Thank you honeyyy :* :*
I love reading your blog too! :D

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com