Sunday, August 23, 2009

The All-American Rejects and Hoobastank Australian Tour 2009

Last night I went to this great show : All American Reject (AAR) and Hoobastank.
It was my second time watching AAR performing live on stage. First one was back in 2005. AAR was the opening band for Simple Plan. Well now they have other bands to open their own show. Way to go, AAR!

The show was opened by The Sundance Kids, which was pretty good. After 20 minutes playing and another 20 minutes of interval, the Hoobastank came on stage and played "Running Away". At first I didn't get excited about Hoobastank, cause I was coming only to see The All American Reject. But I gotta tell ya, Hoobastank was great! There was so much energy (although it wasn't as much as Billie Joe's) that made me want to  jump and sing along (too bad I didn't know the lyrics).

There was also this moment when a kid got on stage (I wasn't sure what the hell he was doing up there). Then a security guard got him and dragged him inside, only to be kicked out again back to the crowd. That was hilarious!
Hoobastank also surprised the audience by singing the Ghostbuster theme song.

Hoobastank played for 40 minutes and they said goodbye with their biggest hits : "The Reason" and "Crawling in The Dark".


Hoobastank Set List (as far as I can remember) :
  • Running Away
  • My Turn
  • Same Direction
  • All About You
  • The Letter
  • Ghostbuster theme
  • The Reason
  • Crawling in The Dark

It was 9:15 PM when the lights were dimmed, everybody screamed expecting for AAR to come out anytime soon. Then the AAR showed up playing "Move Along". It was really great I was put into a stupid dilemma : recording the moment with my camera or just enjoy it by singing along and jumping around? So I decided to record half of the song and enjoy the rest of it. Well it wasn't easy. There were times when I really wanted to turn my camera off and sing along but I wanted to have something to remember. My arm also got sore because I kept holding my camera up high above my head (otherwise the tall and big heads in front of me would be just blocking my camera).
My favorite moment was when they sang "Fallin' Apart" and "Gives You Hell".
They also beautifully played the "It Ends Tonight" and "The Wind Blows".
During Mona Lisa, the audience in the front got to touch Tyson! He got off stage and walked in the crowd! I am so jealous!

Closing the show, the All American Reject didn't fail to make everyone hyped up for the encore "Gives You Hell". This time I turned my camera off and it was fckn amazing!!! GREAT SHOW indeed!


The All American Reject Set List (I tried my best to remember this set list) :
  • Move Along
  • Fallin' Apart
  • Dirty Little Secret
  • Stab My Back
  • My Paper Heart
  • Believe
  • Swing, Swing
  • I'm Waiting
  • I Wanna
  • Happy Birthday
  • Mona Lisa
  • Real World
  • It Ends Tonight
  • The Last Song
Encore:
  • The Wind Blows
  • Gives You Hell

It was the best $60 I spent this year yet! I bet Green Day will be so much cooler. I really can't wait for December.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com