Sunday, August 23, 2009

Gay or Not Gay : Does it matter?

First of all, I am not gay. Not even in disguise.
I love sexy guys.
I love cute guys with dimpled cheeks.
I love guys with great attitudes.
I fell for Edward Cullen.
I spent hours downloading pictures of Robert Pattinson.
I love Billie Joe Armstrong.
I download every video of Green Day and BIllie Joe on YouTube.
I got jealous of Adrienne Armstrong.
I have a boyfriend of 5 years (rounded up) and I love him truly.
Okay that should prove you that I am not gay.

But the weird thing is that I have this strong feeling of support for the gay people. I didn't know where this came from. This thing didn't bother me at all before. In fact, I didn't care about gay or not gay. I just simply didn't think about it. I never judge gay people. I wasn't afraid or disgusted at all. I just didn't care.

American Idol Votes - Adam Lambert
It all started with Adam Lambert, my favorite contestant from the 8th season of American Idol. He was brilliant. He blew me away when he sang "Mad World". I never thought that he was gay until Ayu told me so. Well it didn't change anything about me supporting him to win. He deserved to win because he's talented!
Then I heard some news and rumors from the internet that most Christians voted for Kris Allen because he was a church-goer. Danny Gokey (who used to be voted by most Christian people because he was very active at church) was already eliminated. So Danny's fans turned to Kris. I read in some forums that even Christian people didn't want Adam to win simply because he's gay.
Well now people are voting based on religion? Based on sexual preference? What the hell is that? They're voting for Kris because they don't want to have a gay winner? God, that is so sad.
I was rooting for Adam more and more. I really hoped he would win. I really wished I lived in the US so I could vote!
My wish was crashed and burnt. Adam lost. Kris won. There was a silly and sudden anger in me. Adam was clearly a better singer.
I didn't know if the rumors about anti-gay and religion affecting the votes was true or not. Kris could be winning because he's cute and got all the teenagers' attentions - and great voice (I admit) - even though Adam was way better!

Until I read some news about Adam Lambert being protested by Westboro Baptist Church during the American Idol Concert in San Jose. Basically the protesters were bringing signs saying "God hates fags" and some other hurtful anti-gay words. I really have no respect to those religious people who act like they know what God would think, what God would do and how God would judge and blah blah blah... They're no Gods! Stop judging people in the name of God! Stop advertising religions!
What made me love Adam Lambert more is when he responded "I think God hates hate more". Amen! He just earned my respect by calmly responded to those hurtful words.

Ellen DeGeneres

Funny. Down to earth. Inspirational. Beautiful. Smart. Gay.
During the speech, she told a story of how hard it was to keep a secret of being gay for years. Until she decided to set herself free by admitting that she was gay in public. Her career was falling apart after six years of success. Because she is gay. Thankfully she was offered a talk show although it wasn't easy at the beginning. But look at her now! She managed to weather the storm and she is now hosting her own successful show! One of the role models for gay community! I love her!

Ted Haggard - in denial?
I watched his appearance on Oprah show several nights ago. He was called Pastor Ted - an American evangelical preacher. He was very well-known, had his own church : New Life Church. He was very active in politics, protesting against same-sex marriage. Until he confessed the homosexual scandals with a prostitute. He was condemned, as a liar, as a deceiver etc. He resigned from all his leaderships and admitting of being gay. He lost his career.
He appeared on Oprah saying that he had been going through a lot of counselings, therapy and other things to explore his sexuality. He denied the rumors that he was gay and he claimed himself as "a heterosexual with issues" (Wikipedia). He started to preach again in some churches.
Well I think he just lives in denial. He's gay, he's gay and he's gay. Enough said.

For all of you gay-haters : everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Don't bring God into hating gay people. It's you hating them, not your God. I got really sick seeing some protests the other day "AGAINST SAME-SEX MARRIAGE". Why bother? It's because that they are so actively protesting gay marriage that makes me want to screw them, really. Why can't they leave gay people alone and have their own rights? They do no harm to other heterosexual people. Why can't they let homosexual people alone?
Think this way. If only the world was the other way around. You were born in a world where everyone is homosexuals. You were born as a heterosexual who's got attracted by the opposite sex. You're weird. You're condemned. By the world. Can you really pretend to enjoy putting your tongue down to another guy's mouth when you are a guy? Can you really have an intimate relationship with a girl when you really are a girl? Won't you be disgusted with yourself?
Or think this way. It's merely just SEXUAL PREFERENCE. Treat it the same way as FOOD PREFERENCE. Some people love olives. I hate olives. But whenever I see someone eating olives, I just don't take the olives from them, throw them to the ground and step on them. I don't condemn people who love olives. I don't go marching a protest around the city to ban olives to be eaten. I don't bring signs "Fuck you olive-eaters".
That's how stupid you are - gay haters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com