Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Black Eyed Peas - The E.N.D. Australian Tour 2009

I am not a fan of hip-hop, but I do enjoy some of hip-hop songs. I love some Black Eyed Peas songs from their album Elephunk and Monkey Business. Sadly, I hate their new album called "The E.N.D". No offense to any BEP lovers but I personally think it is so lame : "E.N.D. is for Energy Never Dies". Really? I hate how they open the first song of the album "Boom Boom Pow" with some robotic voice saying "The energy never dies - energy cannot be destroyed - blah blah blah". I can't stand listening to that part - I feel like banging my head on the wall - really. A friend of mine can't even stand listening to the whole song of "Boom Boom Pow". Also their new album sounds too computerized (try "Rock Your Body" where Fergie sounds so weird) and so techno. I am not a fan of techno. The beat and the lyrics are so repetitive that most people think it is catchy - it is actually  boring. Well at least to me. Some of the good stuffs from their new album are : "Meet Me Halfway" and "I Gotta Feeling". I hate "Rock Your Body" and "Now Generation". I also hate "Imma Be". After I listened to it the whole song, it is more like a "I'm a bee". Sorry for bitching about them a bit. I guess they're just not my cup of tea.



Despite their disappointing new album, I went to see them last night. They put quite a great show though - because Will.i.am played some Nirvana and Red Hot Chili Peppers even if it was just for a few seconds. It was like the best seconds I had in that show. I was in disbelief for a while because I thought that it was all hip-hop and there would be no Rock 'N Roll. I guess the surprise factor played a role here. Well it was until that time that I really enjoyed the show. Once I heard the "Smells Like Teen Spirit" music, I screamed and jumped jumped jumped. I knew everyone in front of me, next to me or behind me maybe was not as excited as I was. I was jumping and screaming by myself. Well I don't care though! I had a good time! :D Ooh if only Kurt Cobain was still alive... :( What a shame :(

My favorite songs from the show last night : "Where's The Love?". Well I think it is the best BEP songs. I had a great time during "Pump It" and "I Gotta Feeling" too. Too bad during the encore the BEP wasted so much time introducing the other members of the band. It got quite boring that almost everyone took a seat.


Set List :
1. Let's Get Retarded
2. Rock That Body
3. Meet Me Halfway
4. Don't Phunk With My Heart
5. Shut Up
6. Will.i.am Free Style
7. Imma Be
8. My Humps
9. Missing You
10. Apl.de.ap Solo
11. Taboo Solo
12. Fergalicious (Fergie Solo)
13. Glamorous (Fergie Solo)
14. Big Girls Don't Cry (Fergie Solo)
15. Will.i.am DJ Set (In The Ayer/American Boy/Jump/Otherside/Smells Like Teen Spirit)
16. Now Generation
17. Pump It
18. Where Is The Love?
19. Boom Boom Pow

Encore
20. Showdown/Party All The Time/ Outta My Head
21. I Gotta Feeling

3 comments:

Caroline Lukas said...

OH MY....... im so envy you RITE NOW RITE HEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

proudweirdo said...

ahahahahahah mknya k melbbb!

Vera said...

mau ntn lagi....!!!!

Post a Comment

 

Template by Suck My Lolly - Background Image by TotallySevere.com